Orascom-Construction_1000x600-1.jpg

October 20, 2022 foasummit0

$670mn worth of new contract awards were added to Orascom Construction’s backlog in Q3 2022, the firm has reported. The Cairo-based firm said that the new contracts brings its total awards in the nine months of 2022 to $3.1bn.

According to the construction major, projects in the Middle East comprised 70% of new awards during Q3 2022, mainly across the infrastructure, logistics and commercial sectors. The firm previously entered into a JV with Arab Contractors to build the country’s first monorail.

New awards signed by the firm’s US subsidiaries accounted for 30% of total during the quarter; the firm noted that projects in the data centre sector accounted for a significant portion of new awards, and said the performance demonstrated its successful efforts to expand across the fast growing sector. It added that its estimated consolidated backlog stood at $6.1bn as of 30 September 2022.

The New Delta Treatment Plant which is being developed by a JV comprising Metito, Orascom, Arab Contractors and Hassan Allam was shortlisted at the 2021 Big Project Middle East Awards in the Sustainable Project of the Year category.

The construction company explained that, in September this year, it signed an agreement with the Internal Trade Development Authority (ITDA) to build, own and operate a strategic warehouse in the Fayoum Governorate of Egypt.

The project is said to be the first phase of a larger program that will play an important role in providing modern logistics and warehousing of important commodities across Egypt. The project is set to leverage state-of-the-art technology and efficient operational methods to meet existing and future needs for these commodities, Orascom explained.

Construction is expected to start once financing is concluded and to take up to 15 months, after which operation of the warehouse will commence.

In July 2022, it was announced that the evaluation of prequalification bids for the $2bn Bahrain Metro project were underway; Orascom was said to have expressed interest in the project.

Discussing its financial performance in H1 2022, the firm said that revenue increased 13.6% y-o-y to $1.91bn and consolidated EBITDA decreased 7.4% y-o y to $92.9mn. It also said that it saw net income attributable to shareholders of $20.8mn in Q2 2022, and $33.9mn in H1 2022.

The post $670mn added to its backlog in Q3 2022 says Orascom Construction appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News


MYCRANE-Partnership_1000x600-1.jpg

October 20, 2022 foasummit0

Dubai-based MYCRANE has announced a partnership with PV-E Cranes of the Netherlands, allowing the company to offer zero-emissions cranes for sale and rent on its digital platform.

Engineered and manufactured in the Netherlands, PV-E’s emission-free crawler cranes are fully electric, battery-operated and can run for 10-12 hours on a single charge. The product range consists of 80, 100, 160 and 250-tonne crawler cranes, with several boom options such as fixed jibs, luffing jibs and heavy duty jibs.

As a result of the partnership agreement, PV-E’s crawler cranes will also be available to buy on the MYCRANE Marketplace, and can be rented through the MYCRANE platform.

At the 2022 Construction Machinery Middle East Awards, MYCRANE was shortlisted in the ‘Innovation of the Year’ category.

“There is a clear drive towards zero-emission working in the construction sector, as we will no doubt hear at Bauma,” said MYCRANE CEO and founder Andrei Geikalo, referring to the trade fair for construction machinery and vehicles, taking place in Munich at the end of October, where both companies will exhibit.

“We are delighted to partner with PVE Cranes Group to offer more choice for our clients, especially those who need to keep noise and emission values in mind, as they bid for projects. MYCRANE is keen to play our role in the transition from diesel to electric-powered electricity.”

Joost Bömer, CEO of PVE Cranes Group added: “Our innovative electric crawler cranes are helping to deliver clean, silent and safe job sites. By co-operating with MYCRANE, we can help contractors around the world to find the right emission-free crawler crane for their next lift.”

In August 2022, MYCRANE added new crane types for the short-term rental market and, in September 2022, it said its platform is servicing lifting projects around the globe.

The post MYCRANE partners with PV-E Cranes to provide zero-emissions lifting equipment appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News


shutterstock_1701161050_1000x600-1.jpg

October 20, 2022 foasummit0

Savills Middle East has announced two key appointments to lead its property and facilities management functions in Saudi Arabia. The firm said that Laszlo Fulop joins as Head of Property Management and will oversee the department in Saudi Arabia, ensuring stability and consistency of the service for landlords and tenants, while Benjamin Blackaby will take over as Head of Facilities Management in the Kingdom.

In his new role, Fulop will focus on tenant relationship management, policies, and processes, EHS/ESG, cost management, and commercial lease negotiations, the statement said.

He brings more than 20 years of experience in managing and leasing properties across multiple asset classes, as well as providing consultancy services to developers and occupiers. Fulop was previously Head of Property Management at Budapest Airport where he oversaw the management of a portfolio of 80 assets across office, retail, and industrial sectors led to over 120 tenants, the firm noted.

In January 2022, Savills said three new locations were in operation in Pakistan.

Laszlo Fulop, Head of Property Management, Savills Saudi Arabia

Property management is an area of growing focus for Savills operations in Saudi Arabia. The project management team currently handles the Tadawul Tower in KAFD with a total GFA of 130,000sqm. Other assets under management include The Business District in Riyadh and other business and logistics parks around the Kingdom, the firm pointed out.

The firm stated that Benjamin Blackaby will oversee all aspects of implementation of the company’s strategy to ensure a smooth and seamless flow of operations. He joins from Savills in the UK where he had spent over six years and was most recently Operations Director.

Prior to this, Blackaby worked as the General Manager of The Royal Exchange, where his role encompassed management of service charge budgets and reconciliation, while preparing year-end packs.

In February 2022, the firm said it was bolstering its global residential development consultancy team with hires and restructuring.

Benjamin Blackaby, Head of Facilities Management, Savills Saudi Arabia

Welcoming the duo, Ramzi Darwish, Head of Saudi Arabia stated, “Savills Saudi Arabia is gearing up for the next stage of growth, and their appointment is testament to our expansion story. Both of them bring a high level of expertise to the business which will be an invaluable asset in further expanding their respective service lines.”

“Whilst our main focus has been on commercial assets, we have also built strong relationships across the residential sector with landlords of key compounds and have formed closed connections with top residential developers. The residential sector is key in expanding the breadth of PM and FM services that Savills has to offer,” he concluded.

In October 2022, the firm revealed its top second home locations with an emphasis on wellness.

The post Savills makes key appointments to Saudi office appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News


NPCC-Groundbreaking1_1000x600-1.jpg

October 20, 2022 foasummit0

National Petroleum Construction Company (NPCC) has broken ground on a new 40,000sqm fabrication yard in Ras Al Khair port, in the Eastern province of Saudi Arabia.

In a statement, NPCC said the new yard will house the fabrication of jackets and platforms. It added that the state-of-the-art facility will include automated workshops and an advanced marine system, and noted it will provide fabrication, maintenance, rigging and erection services, and will be operational between all three phases of construction. Phase One of the project is expected to be complete by Q3 2023.

National Marine Dredging Group CEO Engineer Yasser Zaghloul said: “The new fabrication yard builds on our longstanding relationship, ongoing growth journey and expansion strategy in the kingdom and complements our current projects in Saudi Arabia, which will add to our local competencies.”

In April 2020, ADQ assumed full ownership of NPCC and, in August 2020, Senaat submitted offers to combine NPCC and NMDC.

The capacity of the fabrication yard is expected to reach 60,000 tonnes per year by the end of the final phase, scheduled for 2026, he added.

Ras Al Khair is Saudi Arabia’s newest industrial port that serves more than 100 manufacturing projects and has an area of 23km² and 14 berths equipped with assets to handle general and bulk cargos.

“We look forward to further broadening our level of collaboration with Saudi industry players, and solidifying our position as the EPC major of choice for global NOCs,” Zaghloul stated.

NPCC has had a long-standing presence in the Kingdom, and is a strong partner with key Saudi industry players. This has led to the company working on major projects including the extension works for a new condensate export terminal at the Jafurah field, and the engineering, procurement, fabrication, and installation of 14 SSS Jackets at Manifa field, the statement explained.

Engineer Ahmed Al Dhaheri, CEO of NPCC remarked, “This new milestone lays the foundation for our next chapter of growth in Saudi Arabia and is in line with our commitment to supporting the Kingdom’s localisation efforts and creating in-country value.”

“The new yard also signals our clients’ trust in NPCC’s capabilities and allows us to extend our expertise to new strategic infrastructure projects in the Kingdom, increase our regional market share, and reinforce our position as a trusted partner of choice across the EPC ecosystem,” he added.

In April 2022, a NPCC led consortium was awarded a major carbon capture and storage project contract.

The post NPCC breaks ground on new 40,000sqm fabrication yard in Saudi Arabia appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News