John-Deere-Kreisel_1000x600-1.jpg

September 26, 2022 foasummit0

John Deere is increasing the production capacity of battery-technology specialist Kreisel Electric, in which it recently acquired majority ownership, the company has announced.

According to the manufacturer, an immediate investment in two additional production facilities in Europe and the US, will bring an increase of over two GWh to Kreisel’s battery production capacity, beginning with the opening of a new facility at the John Deere Saran factory. The location is the primary manufacturing location for John Deere engines in the European Union, the company noted.

The funds from the investment will primarily be deployed within the mobile commercial and industrial solutions, as well as the charging infrastructure division of Kreisel. In parallel with this project, the company says it will also invest in battery assembly in the United States to support the growth of its customers and John Deere products.

In August 2022, John Deere enhances its knuckleboom loader line-up and unveiled its G-tier compact wheel loader models.

This investment follows the finalisation of the acquisition of majority ownership by John Deere earlier this year with the Kreisel alignment serving, as the cornerstone for the electrification of John Deere Brand products.

“This investment will put a strong focus on the industrialisation and automation of the entire production process, as well as research and development capacities at Kreisel HQ in Rainbach,” said Jennifer Preston, Global Director, John Deere Electric Power in a statement.

“We are embarking toward a future with zero emissions propulsion and pursuing our sustainability goal to demonstrate viable low- and no-carbon alternative power solutions by 2026,” she concluded.

In September 2022, Johnson Arabia grew its fleet with a wide range of new battery-powered equipment.

The post John Deere expands global battery production capacities appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News


DEWA-HQ-1.jpg

September 26, 2022 foasummit0

The Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) has invited expressions of interest (EOI) from leading developer/developer consortia to build and operate a solar photovoltaic power project in the Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum Solar Park (MBR Solar Park).

The facility, which is being developed as an Independent Power Project (IPP), will be commissioned in phases starting from Q3 2025.

The project is being set up as part of the Solar Photovoltaic Power Project Phase VI in MBR Solar Park, DEWA noted. According to the utility major, the deadline for sending the EoIs has been set for 10 October.

In January 2022, Abengoa announced the completion of solar fields at MBR Solar Park while, in August 2022, DEWA noted that construction work on the 950MW fourth phase of the solar park was 90% complete.

The power generated by the project will be purchased by DEWA under a long-term power purchase agreement (PPA). It is set to prove an attractive ‘golden contract’ for potential investors, avoiding much of the uncertainty surrounding the CAPEX outlay that photovoltaic plants can typically involve, DEWA noted.

The systems set to be used in the plant will epitomise world-leading photovoltaic technology, featuring self-cleaning cells with remote Smart management used throughout, DEWA explained.

The overall project will be one of the largest of its kind in the GCC and will use Big Data to achieve advanced power conservation and channeling – able to smooth power generation curves 24/7 across day and night operation.

In September 2022, DEWA announced that it had received four bids for the 900MW sixth phase of the solar park.

The post DEWA calls for EoIs for major solar power project appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News


Middle-East-Digital-Construction-Awards_1000x600-1.jpg

September 23, 2022 foasummit0

The ME Digital Construction Awards (ME DCA) will be held on 15 March 2023, instead of the originally scheduled date of 25 October 2022, according to the Big Project Middle East (BPME) editorial team.

The reason for this date change is due to the unprecedented level of interest in the awards, and a desire to allow nominees more time to work on their submissions, Gavin Davids, Head of Editorial and Content at BPME said.

He stated, “Following a number of conversations with event partners, sponsors and potential participants, the editorial and commercial team at BPME decided that the best thing for the ME Digital Construction Awards would be to move it to a more accessible date in the coming year.”

Learn more about the ME Digital Construction Awards by visiting its dedicated website.

“As such, we’ve decided to hold the awards on 15 March 2023 to ensure that the event continues to maintain the high-standards set by the BPME brand – both in terms of submissions and attendance,” Davids noted.

The awards follows the successful launch of the Digital Construction Summit (formerly known as the ME BIM Summit), and will celebrate the projects, teams and individuals embracing innovation and technology in the regional built environment.

The inaugural event features 12 curated categories including: Excellence in Digital Planning and Design Implementation of the Year; Digital Construction Project of the Year; Big Project ME’s Technology Champion of the Year; Digital Construction Company of the Year (Contractor); Digital Construction Company of the Year (Consultant) and many more.

Following the close of nominations and an exhaustive judging process, winners in each category will be revealed at the gala dinner in Dubai on 15 March 2023. The new deadline for submissions is 15 February 2023. Read the awards’ nomination guidelines here.

The editorial team noted that the venue for the awards will be confirmed shortly and stated there is no charge to submit nominations. It also confirmed that companies that make the shortlist will be contacted by the BPME team to discuss attendance to the gala dinner.

“As the regional construction industry becomes increasingly digitalised, the BPME editorial team felt it was time for a separate awards event to celebrate the companies and organisations that are pioneering the sector’s digital future,” Davids emphasised.

“The emphasis of these awards will be firmly on a company’s digital achievements and innovations, both on projects and across their operations, while the Big Project ME Awards and Middle East Consultant Awards will continue to focus on the overall performance and capabilities of construction-focused organisations.”

He added that the BPME Awards will continue to be a highlight of the construction industry’s calendar, with those awards set to be held on 15 December 2022 at the Ritz Carlton JBR in Dubai.

The post Big Project ME announces new date for ME Digital Construction Awards appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News


Doosan-4x4-DA45-7-ADT_red_1000X600-1.jpg

September 23, 2022 foasummit0

Doosan will launch its new 4×4 articulated dump truck (ADT) as part of several world premieres at Bauma 2022, the company has announced.

Complementing the company’s standard range of 6×6 ADT models, the company says the new 4×4 version of the DA45-7 ADT is intended to compete with rigid dump trucks (RDTs) in the 40t class.

The new 4×4 DA45-7 ADT complements the current market-leading range of Stage V compliant 6×6 ADTs from Doosan, which includes the DA30-7 and DA45-7 models with payloads of 28-and-41t, respectively.

In March 2022, Doosan Heavy Industries and Construction broke ground on a 400,000sqm forging and casting facility in Saudi Arabia.

In the new 4×4 ADT, the front truck and cab unit is the same as in the original 6×6 model, with modifications being made on the rear dumper unit only. Featuring a ZF EP8-420 transmission, the 4×4 DA45-7 is a two-axle ADT with twin wheels at the rear, and with a dumper section similar to that on RDTs in the 40t class.

According to the manufacturer, the new 4×4 DA45-7 ADT has a width of less than four metres to avoid the need for special transportation and offers a better turning radius than a comparable RDT, providing particular advantages in the mining and tunnelling industries.

“With superior operation on poorer roads, smoother surfaces and steeper terrain, the aim of our new 4×4 machine is to challenge RDTs in the 40t class, by providing a dumper product that delivers much more than RDTs,” says Beka Nemstsveridze, ADT Product Manager at Doosan.

In June 2022, Hyundai expanded its heavy construction range with two articulated dump trucks.

He concluded, “The development of our 4×4 ADT was inspired by customer demand and the new 4×4 ADT can meet the needs of markets around the world by offering a compelling advantage to customers with specific requirements. For example, a machine like this might be able to extend the season for a mine that normally has to be stopped for a certain period due to the rainy season.”

In August 2022, Doosan Enerbility said it won an EPC contract for the $640mn Shuaibah 3 IWP in Saudi Arabia.

The post Doosan to launch new articulated dump truck at Bauma 2022 appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News


Casa-Del-Sole1_1000x600-1.jpg

September 23, 2022 foasummit0

High-end real estate developer Alpago properties has launched ‘Dubai’s only’ double signature villa, named Casa Del Sole. The property is located on Frond G of the Palm Jumeirah and is set to be Dubai’s biggest and most expensive luxury property. The property is due for completion by Q1 2023.

Casa Del Sole is described by the developer as ‘a modern masterpiece’ and ‘a true architectural wonder’. With panoramic views across to the Atlantis, it will feature a wealth of bespoke features with many high-specification materials purpose-sourced from quarries in Europe and SE Asia, the developer noted.

Group Founder Murat Ayyildiz said: “We are pleased to launch Dubai’s only double signature villa on the Palm Jumeirah ‘Billionaires’ Row’, underlining our commitment to continue developing ultra-luxurious properties. Case Del Sole is a true work of art and we are delighted to announce it is nearing completion to be ready for the first quarter of 2023.”

In March 2022, Majid Al Futtaim Communities launched the Elysian Mansions at its Tilal Al Ghaf development while, in April 2022, Dubai South inked a deal to develop a premium golf community.

The property boasts eight bedrooms and has been built over four levels (basement, ground, first, second Floors) on a plot of 28,000sqft. It is expected to have an enclosed area of about 25,000sqft, which the developer says will make it the biggest signature villa in Alpago Properties’ collection of six elite properties on the Palm Jumeirah.

Chairman Ridvan Ayyildiz added, “At Alpago Properties we continuously aim to create unrivalled properties that are at the pinnacle of luxury, style, and convenience. This double-signature villa features the highest quality of amenities and perfectly combines top-end design with prime functionality to create an iconic landmark on the real estate landscape of Dubai.”

He concluded, “Casa Del Sole is a modern-day palace, which features chic and favourable amenities such as a home cinema, private bowling alley, infinity pool, high-end sauna, hammam, jacuzzi, and a bar and lounge terrace that are outstandingly designed and second-to-none.”

In September 2022, DAMAC Properties announced Gems Estates, an ultra-luxurious collection of high-end five- to seven-bedroom mansions in the DAMAC Hills community.

The post Alpago Properties launches ‘Dubai’s only’ double signature villa on Palm Jumeirah appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News


AD-Ports-Group_1000X600-1.jpg

September 23, 2022 foasummit0

AD Ports Group has installed the first 90t block for the quay wall of the new CMA Terminals Khalifa Port – a major milestone in the construction of the terminal.

Announced in September 2021, the development of the new terminal is said to be on track with a budgeted capital expenditure of US $898.4mn. The terminal is expected to be operational in H1 2025 and will be managed by a joint venture owned by CMA Terminals (70% ownership), a subsidiary of global shipping and logistics giant CMA CGM, and AD Ports Group (30% ownership).

AD Ports Group said that it is developing a wide range of supporting marine infrastructure for the terminal, which will provide CMA CGM with a new regional hub. Senior executives from AD Ports Group, CMA CGM, and marine contractor NMDC attended the ceremony, where they signed the block and watched as it was lowered into place via a sea crane.

In July 2022, Abu Dhabi launched a $2.72bn drive to expand its manufacturing sector to over $46bn.

Saif Al Mazrouei, Chief Executive Officer – Ports Cluster, AD Ports Group, said: “Today marks a key moment in the development of the new terminal in Khalifa Port, which will drive increased trade volumes and add new trade links with other high-profile ports, boosting the UAE’s economy. The scale of this 1,200m quay wall is indicative of the ambition of this project, which will create a major hub for CMA CGM, one of the leaders in shipping and logistics, supported by cutting-edge technology and services.”

He added, “With the arrival of CMA CGM, Khalifa Port is now providing hubs for three of the world’s top four shipping lines, consolidating our position as a leading facilitator of trade, logistics and industry.”

Once the quay wall is complete, the signed block will be one of more than 6,000 within the 19m deep berth pocket; the port will be able to accommodate the world’s largest container vessels. Other facilities under development include a 3,500m offshore detached breakwater, a fully built-out rail platform, and 1,000,000sqm terminal yard.

In August 2022, AD Ports launched what was billed as an ‘industry-leading’ logistics hub.

Once ready, the new terminal will have an initial capacity of 1.8m TEUs and will be fully integrated with Etihad Rail. It will significantly enhance Khalifa Port’s connectivity and position as a key gateway for the region, AD Ports Group noted.

Michael Lund Hansen, CEO of CMA Terminals Khalifa Port remarked, “This is an important moment for our company and our partners, as work continues to develop this new terminal, which will expand our group’s shipping and logistics network in the region. Khalifa Port is a leading global hub that supports trade flows in and out of Abu Dhabi. With our new terminal and the shipping line services it will attract, Khalifa Port will see increased connectivity to global markets and further development of multi-modal logistics facilities, and advanced port infrastructure.”

Khalifa Port is said to be one of the world’s most technologically advanced ports, with the first autonomous transport truck system in the Middle East, automated stacking cranes, aerial drones, a 360-sensory system, and an automated Terminal Operation System.

In September 2022, Etihad Rail completed the connection between the ICAD railway freight terminal and UAE National Rail Network.

David Gatward, Chief Engineering and Technical Services Officer, AD Ports Group concluded, “We have made strong progress in the development of CMA Terminals Khalifa Port, as demonstrated by today’s ceremony. In addition to initiating construction of the quay wall, other ongoing marine works including the reclamation of land for the new terminal, construction of a new port basin and an offshore detached breakwater are on track. Recently, the contract for the design and construction of a 33kV substation was awarded as well. The ongoing development and expansion at the terminal will increase our container handling capacity and boost operational efficiency.”

The post AD Ports Group installs first block for quay wall of new terminal at Khalifa Port appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News


Qatar-Desalination-Plant-Acciona_1000x600-1.jpg

September 22, 2022 foasummit0

The 894,000m3 desalination plant at Umm Al Houl in Doha, Qatar has achieved one million hours without any accidents involving lost time injury (Zero LTI). ACCIONA, who designed, built and has operated the plant for the last six years notes that the achievement is thanks to the efforts of the plant’s workers and stringent safety measures.

The plant is part of a large-scale integrated water and power project (IWPP) that produces approximately 2,500MW of electricity, and can reach a daily total of 894,000 m3, including the production of MSF. The plant is said to have served over three million people to date.

ACCIONA says the achievement demonstrates its commitment to hazard prevention and the application of measures that ensure the safety and health of everyone involved, as well as the responsibility of the workers themselves by prioritising and improving safety in the workplace.

In June 2022, ACCIONA said it began a 25-year O&M contract at SWPC’s Shuqaiq 3 desalination plant while, in July 2022, Jose Vera-Agullo, Acciona R&D Concrete Manager shared insights on how to keep concrete cool while working in high-temperature areas.

This safety milestone is the result of teamwork by the workers and the operator, following several training courses in health and wellbeing. A number of Safety and Hygiene (HSE) measures have been implemented and inspections have been made on a more detailed and frequent basis, which has led to an improvement in the state of the equipment and machinery, the company explained.

Regular operation and maintenance meetings related to work permits (PTW), improvements in the organisation of the work such as the use of colour coding, certifications, the creation of specialised HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) committees, and – in particular – efforts made to digitse are amongst the preventive measures ACIOONA credited for the plant’s safety milestone.

All this means that situations of risk can be identified at an early stage and workplace accidents can be avoided, the firm explained. It is also noteworthy that this milestone has been reached by strict compliance with established international and local protocols to offset the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the vaccination of 100% of the workforce, ACCIONA continued.

The reverse osmosis desalination plant is said to represent a milestone in the world of desalination because it the first time that reverse osmosis technology has been applied on a large scale in Qatar.

In August 2022, ACCIONA Cultura completed the implementation of four pavilions at the Al Shindagha Museum.

The post Qatar’s Umm Al Houl desalination plant achieves one millions hours without accident appeared first on Middle East Construction News.


Source: ME Construction News